Historic Bandog Pics

When dogs were bred for performance, not looks.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Island, NY, United States

Powered by Blogger

Friday, December 02, 2005


Mosley's Tiger Taurus

His Breeder Mosley founded the Bullmastiff Police Dog Registry in 1926. It was the first registry for bandogs. The registry had requirements that dogs pass all phases of police training to pass. Here's an extract from a letter to the club by Sgt. Cordy of Walsingham Police Station:



"I want no better dog than a good bullmastiff for police work and I am ready to back it against any breed. It may interest you to know that I have made an offer to one of my comrades who is an alsationist, to train a bullmastiff along side an alsation to track and be steady on the trail. The quarry will be a pretended fugitive and at the end of the trail, the dog must close and catch the fugitive. A game keeper friend recommended this breed to me and told me I would have no better breed. His words were true."

Letter taken from article written by DaveUK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home